Data-driven science is generating biological data at unprecedented rates. To make the information sequestered in the accumulating data accessible to the community, and to represent it such that it can be translated to knowledge, requires the development of rigorous data-stewardship practices and deployment of training. Data science is an emerging field, and training programmes are just being established. Best practices in data curation and in data-science training need to be established.
This is the group of people that care for standards in training and for training!
To create awareness and apply standards across bioinformatics training and foster best practices in relevant fields such as biocuration, data-sciences and academic software production.
If you are interested in learning more about our activities, or know of relevant standards projects, funding or events that should be shared with GOBLET, please get in touch with us: email@example.com
_Here you can view our rolling agenda, actions and notes from our regular monthly committee meetings http://bit.ly/2mSeMN3
_Niall Beard from TeSS (ELIXIR-UK) presented TeSS https://tess.elixir-europe.org/ and Bioschemas http://bioschemas.org/index.html, as well as discussed the existing Training medatata standards which this Committee will be reviewing.
-The Committee will be contributing to Biocuration 2017 conference with a poster, as soon as it's ready and upload it in F1000 Poster Channel we'll add here the link to it.
• Implement minimum training material descriptors recommended by the Standards Committee
- ensure Bioschemas compliance
• Explore development of a registry of community standards, and tools for standards development
• Map which bioinformatics standards are currently taught worldwide
• Capture standards related training needs
• Engage with the International Society for Biocuration and Biocuration 2017
- consider joint activity
- follow up 2016 workshop outcomes
• Engage with Biocuration 2018
|Maria Victoria Schneider||Chair||11/07/2016||view|
|Sarah L Morgan||Member||view|
|Terri Attwood||Member & Liaison to Exec Committee||01/17/2017||view|