GOBLET Bioinformatics Training Best Practices Workshop
Date: November 16, 2015 - November 17, 2015
Venue: University of Cape Town Medical School, , South Africa, 7935
The Global Organisation for Bioinformatics Learning, Education and Training (GOBLET), together with H3ABioNet, will be running a Best practices in Bioinformatics Training workshop in Cape Town from 16-17 November 2015. The first day will cover aspects of teaching, and the second day will be a workshop to discuss bioinformatics curricula, course materials, trainer recognition, etc.
This 'Train-the-Trainer' course is designed for anyone who currently or plans to teach bioinformatics either in universities as part of a degree programmes or as short specialised courses. The workshop will be held in the Dumo Baqwa room, Barnard Fuller Building, University of Cape Town Medical School, Anzio Road Observatory.
Audience: 'First time' trainers or those with no formal teaching on how to train, and bioinformatics trainers who wish to hone their skills.
Aims: i) to provide practical tips and guidance for delivery and development of bioinformatics training solutions; ii) to discuss ongoing training community efforts for training sustainability, curriculum development and core competencies, and trainer recognition.
- Gabriella Rustici: University of Cambridge, UK
- Sarah Morgan: European Bioinformatics Institute, UK
- Cath Brooksbank: European Bioinformatics Institute, UK
- Nicky Mulder: University of Cape Town, ZA
- Pedro Fernandes: Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, PT
- Fran Lewitter: Whitehead Institute, USA
- Celia van Gelder: ELIXIR Training Program, NL
- Michelle Brazas: Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, CA
- Patricia Palagi: Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, CH
University of Cape Town Medical School