We are in the process of transitioning our website and are aware that some content may require updating. Please bear with us as we work through these. Thank you for your patience.
Select Page

Contributor registration/create account

Homepage 2018 Forums GOBLET website Contributor registration/create account

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Terri AttwoodTerri Attwood

On the contributor ‘create an account’ form, registrants are asked for their affiliation. The form gives options of either ‘none’ or a list of what appear to be existing organisations of current, or worse, former GOBLET members. I don’t understand why. As far as I can see, there’s no option to add an affiliation that isn’t already there. This needs to change if we’re to capture where contributors are coming from. Thanks.
    Terri

Fran LewitterFran Lewitter

I echo what Terri said when she started this ticket. You suggested the following in your email from this morning:
    “If you don’t like that way, I can suggest another alternative.
    I’ve kept (currently they are hidden) the old name and website textfields of user’s profile.
    A compromise solution can be doing them visible again in the registration form to allow users to add freely one new affiliation. They would be like a ‘temporary affiliation pending of approval’, i.e. they would be used only for registration purposes, but if they are consistent and you approve the user, we’ll have to add these data by hand to a proper new affiliation, with all the data associated with it.”
    I like the idea of having text fields when someone applies for an account. When they login in and complete their profile, they can easily add an affiliation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.