We are in the process of transitioning our website and are aware that some content may require updating. Please bear with us as we work through these. Thank you for your patience.
Select Page

Need a way to manage our user information

Homepage 2018 Forums GOBLET website Need a way to manage our user information

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fran LewitterFran Lewitter

Hi,
    I have reopened this ticket. I see that I have 4 affiliations listed – None, Whitehead Institute, University of Cambridge and Galaxy Training Network. I suspect I am affiliated with the latter 2 places because I added accounts for them when I added logos at the time they joined. I tried to edit my Affiliations and change it to None but I can’t seem to edit that field.
    I am no longer affiliated with any of the 3 places. How can I (or any user) change their affiliation?
    Thank you.
    Fran

Hi,

As treasurer, I keep track of our members, their contact information, other billing info, etc. I am using google docs at the moment but would like something more robust. Is there a commercial or free product the technical team can recommend? Or can you build one for us?

Thanks.

Fran

I think it is important the website user information and the member/billing information you collect are stored and access in the same place. So I would recommend to extend the website user profiles to capture and visualised all the additional information you would like to collect. We would make sure just you will be able to edit and access specific member/billing information for users.
    If you want to go ahead with this idea we would need from you the following requirements:
    1.- What additional private information you would want to have in the user profiles. Here an example of a user profile … http://www.mygoblet.org/users/teresa-k-attwood
    2.- How would you like to view and filter user information. For instance we could create a new private customised view similar to … http://www.mygoblet.org/training-portal/trainers … displaying fields that might make sense like … payment up to date, organisation, type of membership, …

Thanks for your comments. Here are a couple of thoughts.
    1) adding information to a users record is a possibility but what happens when a new person takes over as the representative for an organization? For example, I am currently the ISCB representative to GOBLET. However, within a year and a half, I will step down as the representative. Does the billing information go away from my record and get transferred to another record? For organizational members, the organization should be the key, not an individual.
    2) Currently with my Google sheet, I can automatically send email individualized email to each member (using a script). This feature would need to be implemented.
    3) The kinds of information I keep are:
    – date of initial due request message
    – date of invoice, if requested
    – invoice number
    – invoice amount
    – amount paid
    – date paid
    – additional dates for 2nd, 3rd, etc mailings
    – dates of responses
    – contact information (name, email, institution/organization, etc)
    Not sure how to proceed.

Hi,
    I haven’t seen any progress on this topic. I thought that on the last tech call I was on, I would be seeing a prototype shortly. What is the status of this issue?
    Thanks.
    Fran

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.