We are in the process of transitioning our website and are aware that some content may require updating. Please bear with us as we work through these. Thank you for your patience.
Select Page

Trouble setting a new password

Homepage 2018 Forums GOBLET website Trouble setting a new password

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Terri AttwoodTerri Attwood

Hi GOBLET,

I’ve forgotten my password/username.

Trying to get a new password mailed to me, using email address
    aidan.budd@embl.de, but I can’t seem to get the captchas working properly
    i.e. I’ve tried maybe 10 of them, and always don’t get through.

Nor could I send this mail via the online form on your webpage, as again I
    wasn’t able to get the capthas to accept my input.

If you could mail me a new password, that’d be great!

Thanks and best wishes, Aidan
    aidan.budd@embl.de

There are several aspects to consider.
    I’ve done several tests with different email accounts, and emails were always being sent properly.
    The problem seems to be in the captcha. I think sometimes is difficult to introduce the correct captcha (you need to introduce exactly the same word, and it’s case sensitive), and if you fail several times (I think it was the point with Aidan), your account will be locked by security reasons and it needs that one admin manages the issue.
    I’ve added a new captcha system into ‘Request new password’ and ‘Become a contributor’ forms, the Google’s reCaptcha. It’s pretty simple and intuitive, and I think it can helps us with this problem.
    If it works properly, we can extend it to the whole system and replace the Mollom’s captcha.
    If not, we’ll have to reopen this issue and maybe doing specific tests with different email’s providers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.